Thursday, February 4, 2010

Whirlwind of a week? Yea right! =]

So as of today I have offically been in the hospital for a week. Not much has changed over the days since I was first admitted except my contractions have slowed down to a much needed crawl. I still cannot feel but just a select few and even those are something to be proud of if in fact they were coming at the appropriate time. But of course we still have the minimum of 5 more weeks left for these two lil ones so at this time I must say I am a little concerned that the contractions are happening. In case you are pulling out your medical book to see what I could be taking to stop these things, don't worry. I have been put on a strict every four hour set of pills that have helped in stopping them, just obviously not all. Though I feel I should be freaking out at the thought that I am still have contractions, I am not. Actually I am probably the calmest person right now when speaking on this subject. Because I feel that if it was a serious threat to the health and well being of my children my doctor would be showing some concern. So if she is calm, I can be calm. I cannot say the same about Callie and Katherine however! See I have been told to limit ALL activity to nothing. So I basically sit in bed or on this funky couch watching TV or sleeping all day. Six times a day however, a Nurse and a PCT come in for vitals on me and the girls and thats when the fun really begins. The girls think that it is fun to give the nurses a hard time trying to get their heartbeats. They give me about five seconds worth then whoosh...roll....push....and they have flipped away from the prob and the game is on to find the heartbeat and once again try and count. So they get all the fun, and I get to sit back and feel or watch! The girls are currently at an even 3 pounds a piece so it is safe to say that with all the extra excerise they are getting, they are still at a normal weight gain and doing just fine! I will get to see them today because among the jackpot of medicines I take or inject, the tests that get ran, I also get two sonograms a week. I am not sure it will be a long enough sono to make a DVD but I have one just in case and will of course share! So until next time!

Love
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment