Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shower and Surprise!!!

So this past Saturday was my or should I say "our" baby shower! David surprised me a few days before the shower by randomly asking if he could come! I was sooo shocked! Never in my wildest dreams did I think to ask my husband to come to the shower, let alone that he WANTED to come to the shower! But of course I said yes because that is the awesomest thing ever to have a husband who wants to be apart of every aspect of a pregnancy! And mine, is defiantly that man. The shower was a big deal for me because a week before we decided to move it from Marshall to the hospital so I could be invovled, which is great because I really really did NOT want to miss that! I know people looked down on the fact that we had it in a hospital and not at the orginal spot, but what is a shower without the preggo, and it was being held in honor of the pregnancy so why get all mad if the preggo wanted to be there? Just askin! So anyways, I was so surprised when the shower started that ALOT of people actually came! 22 attended the shower and 23 ultimately came! It was great seeing everyone since I had been stuck in that hospital for almost a month! The girls got ALOT of cute things too! Like all these personalized things such as embroidered fleece blankets, pacifers, these pink stretchy things that you put on their bottles or sippy cups, and a couple of sets of oneies. On top of that they got lots of clothes! My favorite besides this one set of the personalized oneies, was a box of clothes that had an outfit for ever season for the next year in the correct sizes!! That took some serious thinking! and ooo my favorite AWWWW moment was when Lani gave DAVID a present! It was sooo sweet! The present was a set of matching oneies that are light purple and say "My finger my be small...but I have my daddy wrapped around it!" Now anyone who knows my husband knows he is always trying to be Mr. Badass, Hardcore, I'm a man, I don't show emotion. But he melted like a ice cube on a heated stove top! Soooo AWWWW!!! lol We didn't get ANY duplicates! (past the first two given, because duh they are twins so most of the outfits given matched lol) The cake was awesome and I probably could have finished the entire thing but I held off on just having two large corner pieces!! hahaha It was just overall a great shower! My aunt from Chicago even flew in so thats how awesome these things can be!! lol Now to tell you my surprise....

SURPRISE!!

I am offically HOME! Yes you read right! I am home! Because at 34 weeks I am considered out of the "preterm" labor woods, there is no need to keep in the hospital to prevent it. That said, if I go into labor anytime from here on out they WILL NOT stop me! Woot! We put one thing of prevention into place on Monday which was a Dellautin shot to cover me til this coming Monday so I wouldn't expect anything til after then! Both the girls are currently head down so if they will please stay that way it will much better during delivery!! haha Try telling Katherine that! (she's the one that can switch between head up and head down!) So I am home, I am overwhelmed with all this baby stuff everywhere! We have 2 highchair boxes, 2 crib boxes, bags that need to be gone through, clothes to be washed, thank you notes to be written, clothes to be folded, the room isn't completely finished, stroller and the box, its just crazy. So with that said I am really thinking about taking some time and not accepting phone calls or visitors. Maybe phone calls but if I dont answer...you know why!!! , but no visitors (unless we already have plans, I refuse to cancel that cause I am really excited!) Of course I cannot do alot of the things to clean up around here, but I can fold clothes and put them away where I want them to be (also known as where they can be found hahaha) and of course the Thank you notes...but with me being back I can bug and nag to get things done better than I could from my hospital bed!! lmfao Well nap time again!! Talk to you soon!!!

Love,
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment