Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Update - Dr. Appt #2

So we went into the doctor today for a weight check and the girls have not gained enough weight to satisfy our pediatrician. So for the next two days the girls will be on complete soy formula.

Why do you ask? Basically my breastmilk is not fatty enough for them to actually gain weight. So for the next 48 hours (if not longer) not only are the girls going to be strictly on formula (I will still be pumping and storing) but I will be on a supplement to help fatten up my milk. See what it is is that I need to drink soy milk because the girls are on soy formula. Well because I have to drink soy as well, I'm not getting the fat from normal milk to pass through my breastmilk to them. So I need the supplement to help me fatten my milk up! (sorta like how the soy formula is not just soy milk, it contains supplements as well!!)

ON TOP OF THAT! I have had this rash of hives for about a week now....the doctor now feels its not just the dreft that caused it...or has allowed it to stay this long....is stress. So he has perscribed me rest and to relax. Easier said than done when about 9 hours a day I am alone with the girls and then the other two people in the house work so I do night duty for the most part as well! Omg computer about to die! Well finish later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment