Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eventful Monday to Say the Least....

So yesterday was my normal sono and dr. appointment that happens every four weeks. No biggy. But during the sono I repeatedly got nausea and threw up....i felt so bad for the tech Chrissy, she stood strong even though I could tell if I moved over enough she would puke right along with me! I got to see the girls! They are growing up soooo fast! Callie is 1lb 1 oz, Katherine is 1 lb 2 oz, and they are really starting to look like humans instead of my lil alien children!! haha

So after my sono I head across town to my drs appointment and get settled into my room. It wasn't long til my doctor came in and had some bad news. During one of the times I had puked I was still being sono-ed, so Chrissy noticed that when I puked my cervix proceeded to "funnel" or open. So with me still throwing up on a regular but managable basis, my dr decided she wanted to run a couple of tests and keep me in the hospital....at the time it was til Thursday....if not longer....

So mom is in Austin, David is the boonies of Louisana....I go and check myself into the hospital. After only staying one night they have come to the conclusion that my cervix is still OK. But gave me some guidelines to follow. I have a sono every monday from now til the girls are born, limited activity (damn those kartwheels!!!), can't pick up anything heavier than 5 lbs (Layla is gonna hate that...) and lots of extra rest on top of what I am already doing.

Thank you to Dad, Mandy and Erin for coming by to keep me company while David did some running around in prep for the night (possibly night(s) ) stay.

I want to reiterate before I go, the girls are GREAT! Its me who can't seem to do anything without complicating it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment