Monday, November 16, 2009

Almost to 20 wks!!!

So I have been thinking that I shoould explain somethings I have been going through so some of you can get an understanding of why I have subjected myself to stay inside the house for days on in. I'm not trying to sound rude, I'm just explaining myself because I feel I am the one being rude.

So when I first moved back to M-town I was still in severe morning-sickness mode. Day night, night day, smells, the sight of food, the mentioning of food, the thought of getting into a car made me hurl. And on a good day I didn't need any of that to puke my guts up. Surprisingly I was on Zofran that entire time so if you have been on Zofran, you know I was miserable. It took every last bone in my body to make it to the grocery store, or I had promised to go to a party for the wedding party of my friend getting married so as much as I wanted to not make the 35 mile trip I sucked it up and made it there for the good part and left.

Since the week before Halloween I can tell that my pukyness has subsided alot. So I am more free to move around and know that I don't need to carry a huge amoount of cleanie-wipes, and wal mart bags! I still get nausea just thinking about riding to two near by towns which are both about 30 minutes away, but again if I don't get in the car every day, then I am more apt to make it to either town without mishap.

At some point though, I started having serious hip pain. I can wake up several times a night and my legs are so asleep that they actually hurt to touch, move, exc. I spoke with my doctor about it but all she could tell me was to sleep in a recliner (which we convinently put in the BACK of the POD when moving) and take tylenol. But I have news for those who have the same problem I have. Two things, Memory Foam bed topper and a heating blanket. I have looked on line at different women's ways for helping this but never did anyone mention a heating blanket!!! Use it people!! It works! Though I still wake up a lil stiff and sore, it is a BIG difference from last friday where I actually contemplated asking David to carry me to the bathroom because it hurt to much to even sit up.

I know it sounds aweful but everytime I turn around something new happens. So I keep myself near home, venturing out only when necessary or when I just can't stand it. So I am sorry if I offended anyone by not coming and hanging out or traveling down to austin like I had promised (because at the time I was actually believing the rule about the second trimester being the best lol) But things are starting to smooth out. So hopefully I will be able to travel a little more then I have limited myself to but until then home is where Cari will be most of the time...lol I love you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. I took tylenol PM to sleep nearly every night for the last few months of my pregnancy. I have a bad hip that was aggitated by an accident a few years before I was married. My hip randomly pops out of socket now and it's EXTREMELY painful so I can relate. My tips are pregnancy pillow, the one that goes ALL the way around you and between your legs. Tylenol pm is WONDERFUL...so is unisom. I learned if you make your body super tired with the PM meds and the unisom then you sleep through the pain. Let me know what else I can do for you and be careful how hot you make that blanket. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete