Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Out of all the fears I could have....

So I had an appointment with my new(old-ish) doctor a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have an ultrasound like I was expecting but she did use a doppler to listen to the heart beat. I say heart beat (singular) because with a handheld doppler minus a ultrasound you can't tell which twin you are listening to nor if you are listening to a different one when you move it around. So at least one of them is doing well?! But I think they are both doing just fine.

We seem to be having here lately some rooming problems. While they feel it is important to make mommy feel the need to pee after taking two steps out of the bathroom I feel I was here first kiddos, my bladder is off limits!! I think we need to have a home owners meeting one-on-one...

I have FINALLY gained some weight. Ok I will spill my weight on the internet and if I get mad later about this I caulk it up to pregnancy brain.... I was 157 3 weeks before finding out I was pregnant. The day the pregnancy was confirmed, 156 (10 days later) The first sono, 157. Second sono (five days later) 158, (4wks later) third sono 153, (6wks later at my most recent doc appointment) 154, and today just for shits and giggles 159. Boo-ya baby! I got weight!! Now granted I was considered "over -weight" for my height so on top of constant "24 hour sickness" I think the reason I wasn't gaining weight is because I really didn't need too. I mean seriously, my ass is GONE! Not there, slide off the couch if I'm not careful GONE!! My love handles have diminished, and lets just say if it weren't for my prego belly i bet I could totally fit into those size 7 jeans I wore when I first met David. Yea I'm proud! But to top of the excitement I finally look prego, I think I may have passed the "is she fat or pregnant?" stage! Which I was sooo scared about.

Which allows me to contemplate other things that I am deathly frightened about....like give me a panick attack if I think to long frightened about....

Number One... The IV, So I have had several IV's in my lifetime, not as many as most, but deff more than some. But during Labor and delivery the placement of that thing is gonna have to be somewhere else besides the top of my hand....Im one of those that talks with my hands. But put an IV in it and it is stiff as a board. Im soooo scared its gonna pop out or hurt me....I really hope they can put in like on the inside of my arm (not the elbow, but between elbow and wrist) I will really have to talk to Dr. B about that....Ima need that hand, and it wont be in use if an IV is on top of it...

Number Two.... C Section....TERRIFIED....PETRIFIED.... 2 in every 3 twin pregnancies result in c sections...and omg I am SCARED. What I am suppose to understand is that during a c section you are awake...but you dont feel pain...BUT you do feel the pulling, tugging, pressure, and that scares the crap outta me...I dont wanna feel a darn thing....its one to feel all that during a vaginal birth I GET THAT! But during a c section, no no no sir....Me and Dr. B are gonna have to have a heart to heart on this one...I cannot endure that...It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it...I breath heavily....I just...I just cannot....omg no....

Other than that though...Im cool...for now.... I cannot wait to feel the first kick(s). That suppose to be really weird feeling I heard, so I'm excited...

I cant wait to find out what our bubbles are...now that is the scariest thing out of it all. Cause on top of that, I haven't "seen" my bubbles in like i dunno....8 weeks or so, Id have to get my calendar to figure it out...so the last time I saw them they looked like little aliens. So are they ok? are they playing nice? Dont hit your siblings!! hahaha or my bladder....hehehe

So yea....Nov 9th is the day to find out what they are...hoping for boy and girl!! But we will see!!! Of course I will let you know!!

Have a great week kiddos!!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment